I’m looking forward to getting together this Friday for Vespers. We have the preparation class at 6 pm in Mary’s room, and Vespers will begin in the Church shortly after the 7 pm Stations of the Cross has finished. I will get all of the important stuff out of the way by 6:50, so please feel free leave in order to take part in Stations or to visit the Blessed Sacrament Chapel.
Everything this week will be in English, except for the Marian Antiphon at the end. Here is a recording to help you become familiar with the Latin and melody:
- Ave, Regina Caelorum, / Hail, O Queen of Heaven,
- Ave, Domina Angelorum: / Hail, Lady of the angels.
- Salve, radix, salve, porta / Hail! root [of Jesse], Hail! gate [of Heaven]
- Ex qua mundo lux est orta: / from which the Light of the world was born:
- Gaude, Virgo gloriosa, / Rejoice, glorious Virgin,
- Super omnes speciosa, / fairest of all.
- Vale, o valde decora, / Fare thee well, most beautiful,
- Et pro nobis Christum exora. / and pray for us to Christ.
This antiphon is sung after the Feast of the Presentation (Feb 2nd), and continues through Good Friday.
I hope to see you this Friday!